Immunity in the body is like the first line of defense. For resisting illnesses that will be visited, if we do not take care of our health such as eating food that is not useful, do not exercise, have more stress, and less rest, then diseases are easy to attack and stays for a longer time. So building immunity for the body is the best way to have a healthy body capable of fighting various ailments.
Reasons for weakened immune systems
Many people may wonder why our bodies have different levels of immunity. Some people get easily sick, some people take a long time to recover, or some do not get sick at all.
The immune system of our people is weak, with many factors such as inheritance. A sedentary lifestyle and bad eating habits are some significant causes of a weakened immune system. Inheritance can be another factor. If the parents are healthy, there are no genetic abnormalities. But if parents have weak immune systems, then the same is transferred to their children as well.
In addition, inappropriate health care behavior is an important factor for a person to become physically weak. Such as not eating five groups of food, not eating fruits and vegetables, not taking enough rest, or the body is accumulating stress.
How can we improve our immune system?
Changing your lifestyle helps promote the immune system to work more efficiently. The following are some recommendations on how to take care of the body to build immunity.
- Reduce stress. Emotional stress increases the secretion of hormones that suppress the immune system, resulting in debilitated immunity against various diseases.
- Get enough sleep. Insufficient sleep affects the production of cells in the immune system, such as antibodies.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. Water increases the secretions and moisture of the epithelium in the upper respiratory tract. It helps to prevent the dust or germs from entering the body.
- Do proper exercise regularly. In addition to helping the body to be strong, exercise also helps to drive waste through sweat and increases the amount of blood flow.
Also, the body releases endorphins after exercise, which helps to relax, reduce stress and anxiety. It is one of the factors that we should exercise at least 30 minutes a day and 3-4 days a week for boosting our immune system.
- Eat foods that increase the effectiveness of the immune system. Foods that can help strengthen the immune system are:
- Beta carotene, which is usually found in fruits and vegetables
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E, B vitamins such as green leafy vegetables or yellow-orange fruit and vegetables
- Minerals such as selenium or zinc found in meat, seafood, milk or nuts, etc.
All of this should be done in parallel for better health results. For those who find it tough to eat fruits and vegetables or not able to eat adequately, eating immunity supplements such as multivitamins and minerals can be another interesting option. But there is no clear evidence that taking supplements can directly improve the immune system and should always consult a doctor before purchasing any supplements.
Good immune; half triumph!
This statement is not exaggerated at all. Anyone with a weak immune system cannot fully work and is vulnerable to various infections and diseases more than general people. The immune system shields the body from various pathogens very well on a daily basis. Therefore, keeping the body in good health strengthens the immune system to work diligently.