Fractures are considered completely sudden and accidental. Some consider staying for a while; some leave after some excellent and quick healing. Bone fractures are the most common kind found between people. Falling from a second story, getting hit by a vehicle, being beaten up with a metallic weapon, and many other ways are commonly found reasons among bone fracture cases. Fractures are breaks in our bones that occur due to sudden weight over the bone, caused by accidental or forceful pressure. Their density depends on their hit rate as our bone is not that easy to be broken or cracked.
Every other medical solution has its perks of the application over the incident. We face hundreds of health and body problems every day. These problems are categorized into different types based on bones, skin, organs, muscles, etc. we cannot limit our options to only a few categories, and that’s why one should always stay prepared for something sudden or accidental in his life.
How much fracture affects our bones?
Being hit in the back or front shocks an individual to its heart’s core. Sudden moments are surely pressuring for humans, and the same are bone fractures. Due to these extreme reasons, bones are not able to bear such a burden, causing them to crack. Having a breach definitely affects one’s healthy daily life. We are solely dependent on our body. Even if one part of our collection is damaged or unable to use, we will feel extremely uncomfortable.
Our day to day typical tasks will be strongly affected, and we will have to rely upon the third company’s help. If the damage is near arms or hands, we are bound by cast and holder, which effects our work. Or if someone gets a fracture near their legs or feet, it bounds them to move freely. Fractures have their types and kinds. Every kind of breach has its reasons and after-effects. So we cannot rely on any less or more effects because all of them are bad news for our body and its comfort.
Most common fracture cases among people
Fractures vary from situation to situation. Most common fracture cases that are reported among medical case studies are as follows:
- Clavicle: Our collarbone named one of the most fractured bones published in medical matters. This bone is the source of attachment for our arms with the body, along with attaching them to shoulder joints. The competent place of being fractured easily is the place beneath the neck and its typical shape that makes it open to breaking easily. This break is mainly listed under minor injuries and illness, but if the damage is severe, then a surgical procedure may be required.
- Arms: Arms are undoubtedly the most common fracture targets among individuals. Tripping, falling, pushing, or any other body slamming movement leads the arms to break or dislocate easily. Sadly, this fracture s not easy to repair and take months to heal if the damage is grave and bad.
- Wrist: Being the most operative and open body part in front of our hands, wrists are commonly reported fractures. This place on our arms is home to several small and elegant bones that cannot bear heavy pressure or hit. Wrist fractures’ most easily found the reason is sports.
- Ankle: Considering the same position as wrists, ankles also come in the same category of being prominent to fractures. Ankles are the primary source of foot and leg join. And when pressure or hit applied, bones adjusted between the joint break easily, causing a fracture or dislocation quickly.
- Feet and toes: We consider these two body parts also as the most accessible source for fractures. Fun fact is that about 25% of our body bones adjust in feet. We are marking feet at the top of the list for fracture targets.
Above mentioned were the most commonly found body parts that are easy targets to fracture. But if one comes face to face with thee traumas, how can one cope up with the healing procedure? Let’s look at some easy and applicable tips for faster fracture healing:
Tips for recovering fracture healing much faster
They may not be authorized or medically certified whatever is going to be listed down below, but it’s a guarantee that these tips will come in handy for sure. Someone who is new to understanding fractures or has a fracture for the first time in life will find these tips more useful and productive to look after his fracture more carefully. Opinion to follow your medical consultant first will be highly appreciated.
- To fasten your fracture healing, you shouldn’t carry any smoke-related habits, for example, smoking cigarettes, vaping, or cigar smoking because smoking slows the healing procedure along with the high risk of developing the non-healing disease. Smoking slows the blood flow towards the bone, making it extremely slow to heal the fracture.
- Eating a nutritious and balanced diet is also one of the most helpful tips. Giving in to your cravings should take a stop for the sake of bone healing so that your bone can get back to its shape more quickly. Foods containing fracture healing nutrients like potassium, calcium, protein, and vitamins must be included in your diet, in case you want to get healthy quickly.
- Make sure your calcium level is on point. Drink lots of milk or milk-based liquids along with foods that are rich in calcium. Calcium is a necessity for bone healing. And if you are not good with milk, then consume milk-based products, including yogurt, cheese, and other milk-based products.
- If your doctor has planned has a treatment plan for you, make sure you follow it correctly. Many of the fracture patients tend to give up after some time due to extremely long healing time, causing problems to bone healing. That’s why it’s necessary to follow your medicinal expert punctually.
- Some types of fractures are better healed by other necessary treatments than exercise and medication. External devices like electrical stimulation, ultrasound treatment, and magnet are considered to be these remedies, but only in a severe or rare case. It’s best to consult your doctor before applying any of these treatments yourself.
Best decisions for fractures
Bones work like a support system for our body. And when even one of them gets fractured or broken, it disturbs the whole body functioning. That’s why when making decisions related to bone healing, you must know what you are dealing with here. Taking medical treatments and consultation appointments is a good option, along with taking balanced diets, exercises primarily directed for physiotherapy too. Having a fracture is no small problem, but people still make it look like nothing by taking care of them very keenly.
It’s alright to carry your work along with your treatment, but do not fuss it as it will bring more discomfort to yourself if your apply force or pressure over your fracture. People usually get careless after some time, mostly at the end of recovery, thinking the bone is healed now. But that’s not the case as bones need total time to recover so that they can get mobile perfectly again. So the patient should always understand its priority and complete the recovery phase with responsibility.
Fractures break bones but shouldn’t break hearts
We may feel limited or bounded to our needs and wishes while carrying our body part in a cast or walking with a stick. We may get upset or angry for not being able to do our tasks the way we used too. To take a break from time to time, and when a real reason is there, then there is no use in fighting along with the situation. It’s best to look after your injury accurately rather than frustrating yourselves for having it there. It’s neither planned nor suggested to have a fracture in your body. So be patient and learn to deal with it. One should always stay ready for any accident in his life if he is an active or athletic person. Or, if you decide to do something daring, you should prepare yourself before the task so that your mind will not face any sudden panic or shock attacks. Fractures come and go with time, but one should always stay focused and intense at heart as these plans are unplanned and unexpected. So stressing ourselves will only affect us more. Be strong and look after yourself more carefully.