At seven months, your infant is turning out to be autonomous and building up his one of a kind character. From getting his most favorite toy to hurrying or crawling here and there, your 7-month-old is figuring out how to have control over his environment. He is discovering that being in power can be entertaining. During this month, you should find many chances to keep empowering your child’s creativity, interest and mobility. But in safe ways.
What kind of activities helps your baby learn?
Although your youngster is brought into the world with all the brain cells they will ever have, different territories of the mind keep on developing all through the toddler years. Roughly 1 million new neural associations, needed for movements and thoughts, are made every second. Studies show that human brains develop around 90% by the age of 5. Babies possess twice the neural connections than adults.
Very soon, your 7-month-old will start crawling, talking and even walking. During this critical stage, you have high chances to direct the learning procedure and help them thrive. There’s a wide assortment of 7-month-old infant exercises which are both stimulating and positive.
Watch your infant as they overcome every milestone. Babies at this age drive their learning by engaging their as many senses as possible. Stimuli that they can hear, taste, contact, and smell encourage the arrangement of neural associations for self-guideline, correspondence, inspiration, and critical thinking.
Following are some techniques that can help your baby learn new things doing fun activities.
1. Playing with colors:
Doctors believe that babies build up the capability to see and differentiate among colors in between the ages of 5 months to 7 months. Paint your baby’s room with bright colors. Use multicolor blocks to play with your child with different designs and patterns on them. It improves their coordination and motor skills. Paint with them using nontoxic food-based purees for increasingly tactile based stimulation.
2. Tune in to music and dance:
This game is undoubtedly most fun for the entire family to play out of all other games you can play with your baby. It’s additionally extraordinary for holding and honing their cognitive abilities and motor skills. Select a melody that is quiet and delicate and keep the volume low. Tell your kid the best way to move their hands to the music. Additionally include some sounds and lyrics of your own to fabricate listening aptitudes and help make the neural pathways for speech processing.
3. Blow bubbles:
Bubble blowing is the ideal technique for showing your infant how to exploit their tactile and visual senses. Blow bubbles towards them so they can attempt to catch or pop them. Offer a lot of recognition and uplifting statements for encouraging their movements.
4. Show them how to crawl:
Your little one might have already started rolling or moving a bit from one place to another. These are the signs that show they will soon begin to crawl as well.
Accelerate the procedure by messing around and playing games like “follow the toy.” Bring a toy into their field of vision, at that point, drag it away with the goal that they’ll follow where it goes. Moreover, when your infant is at the distance of an arm, signal them with your hands to come to you.
5. Texture play:
Include toys of differing textures during playtime to enact their sense of touch. Search for plush toys or games made out of textures, for example, fleece, silk, or corduroy. Introduce only one at a time as you want to engage their senses. Presenting all of them at once can overwhelm the baby and result in baby losing interest.
The noise ought to be a fundamental segment for some 7-month-old baby games. You can use milk or cereal containers as rattles. Shake the containers in front of your baby and let them recognize the source of the sound. Once they have identified where the noise is coming. Give them the container and allow them to shake it as well. By doing this, you will be engaging their sense of hearing. Moreover, it will assist them in understanding the cause and effect relationship.
7. Play with bath toys:
You can transform the bath time into a fun learning activity. Bath toys are a fantastic way to let your baby touch and observe something. Tell them to come to you and take the toys as they gradually swim through the water. It advances the improvement of tactile senses and exhibits how water moves, just as its impact on different things.
8. Toy Shadow Game:
Pick a torch and turn it on. Place it in a way that its light falls straight on the wall. Then take some toys and place them between the torch and the wall. It will create the shadow of toys on the wall. Ask your baby to reach for the toys. They will observe the changing shadows before their eyes. This movement sharpens their intellectual capacities and motor skills.
9. Belly Time:
Lay your child on their stomach and put some toys around them. Ask your baby to reach for toys nearby. It might even encourage them to crawl in case the toys happen to be out of reach. It is an excellent activity for 7-month-old babies as it improves their mobility, muscle strength and considerably more.
10. Sing rhymes to your baby:
Read storybooks, poems and nursery rhymes to your baby loudly. It helps in developing listening skills and boosting auditory development in your baby.
11. Hand Puppets:
Play with puppets. Make sounds and movements holding puppets. Do silly things and make funny sounds to catch your baby’s attention. Your little one will profit by this important sound-source understanding activity and have the option to improve their hearing.
Useful tips for parents of 7 months old:
Playing a game with your child can be an emotional encounter for single parents. Regardless of that, there are some tips that you should remember when you interact with your child using games and exercises.
- Let him step up: As much as you couldn’t want and love anything more than to see your baby play, you should remember that your child must be the one leading the pack in a game/action. If he appears to have a noticeable lack of engagement in playing the game and seems to be irritable, then don’t proceed with the game. Start doing something else. In case he doesn’t appear to like it either, then delays playing and resume it later.
- Show patience: Babies have characters and can even experience mood swings. Likewise, various infants have an alternate pace of learning. Therefore, don’t worry if your child is by all accounts indicating a slack in his capacity to comprehend the game/movement. He will learn it soon yet agonizing over it or compelling him to play the game can just aggravate the issue. Persistence is essential when playing with your little one.
- Plan your game schedule: If you want your child to get the maximum learning out of any activity, then consider having a customary calendar of games and exercises that you might want to lead. Each game/movement focuses on a specific arrangement of formative achievements. Having a plan will guarantee that before a week is over, you have stimulated all these development achievements for an all-encompassing improvement of your child.
- Avoid potential risk: Make sure that the games you play are safe and place where you play is safe for your baby as well. Make your house the safest place for your child to play and roam around freely. Seal and cover all the sharp places and things. It will make you at peace that your baby is playing with no risk of injury.
- Communication is significant: Do not be a quiet onlooker to your infant while he plays. Connect with him as much as you can since these are the minutes when his senses are in active mode the most. Children love playing with their folks, and your association will help support the essential enthusiasm for the game.
To know more, click here