There is no one around us that don’t have an issue related to high Cholesterol and blood pressure. Due to extreme changes in our environment and our food production procedures, people are obtaining these health problems even before getting old. Young people are coming into the medical centers with such high-risk health problems in shortage, and doctors are worried about their futures quite consciously.
Cholesterol and high blood pressure are widespread health problems that are reported generally in the present day. People in their mid-twenties and thirties develop these problems after multiple reasons and causes. What brings these issues into our lives so quickly? Let’s look at some more details on how Cholesterol and high blood pressure become a part of an individual’s life.
What causes high blood pressure and Cholesterol?
First, let’s talk about high blood pressure. What exactly is high blood pressure? Generally, it means the force of our blood that flows through the arteries in our bodies. These arteries are responsible for carrying blood all over the internal system, and when the heart puts pressure over the flow of blood, it means a person has high blood pressure. Also known as hypertension, high blood pressure is nothing healthy for our body as fast blood flow does not end up good for our internal functioning. Some of the reasons for high blood pressure are:
- Diet plan with high levels of salt, fat or Cholesterol
- Chronic problems like kidney, hormone, diabetes and top cholesterol problems
- Genetic history of high blood pressure in family or close relatives
- Less physical activities
- Obesity or over-weight
- Excessive use of Tobacco and alcohol
After high blood pressure comes to the Cholesterol. Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is also known as a lipid. It’s essential for our body functioning because our collection makes hormones, cell membranes, and vitamin D through Cholesterol. Proteins in our body carry it throughout the bloodstream and mainly are checked through a blood test to check its intensity. High Cholesterol is never good for our health as a high level of cholesterol can cause heart attacks, strokes, and arterial diseases in no time. Some of the reasons for elevated Cholesterol are:
- Unhealthy diet, foods with fat and oils or artificial sugar
- Diabetes or high blood pressure
- Family history
- Less use of natural foods
What is the link between cholesterol and blood pressure?
After looking out for reasons for both problems, we can clearly state that high blood pressure and Cholesterol are interlinked with almost the same goals. Both can lead to each other’s possibility and can harm our heart and other primary organs instantly. People dealing with one of these always face another at some point because their reasons match in every case. If someone is a patient of high blood pressure, it’s possible that his problem’s causes also include high Cholesterol. On the other hand, if an individual is facing top cholesterol issues, he will eventually have high blood pressure now and then.
There is no escape from these two linking while facing the same reasons. So to take precautions, one should always look for the diet plan and foods that are natural and healthy. Below are some ideas and tips for adapting to keep these problems at the lowest.
Foods to avoid for high cholesterol and blood pressure
There are always two sides to a problem where whether it can be cured or get worse. Foods work best in these two categories, where some make the problem worse, and some make it better. To keep the following precautions for high blood pressure and Cholesterol, one must carry out a diet where Foods to Avoid with High Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol must be taken into interest. Some of them are:
- Fatty beef, lamb, poultry with skin, red meat, bacon, Liver
- Packaged cookies, cakes, donuts and pastries
- Potato chips and crackers
- Commercially fried foods and baked goods
- Bakery goods
- Buttered popcorn
- Cheesy foods like pizza and mac and cheese
- Fast foods or artificially generated foods
- Cream cheese
- Ice cream or high fat yogurt
- Butter or butter cooked meals
- Vegetable juices
- Canned soup
- Frozen pizza
Smart eating techniques for high blood pressure and cholesterol patients
Every other health issue has its own cycle of cure and treatment. High blood pressure and Cholesterol also takes up lots of interest in following a specific type of instructions to stay away from any future dangers. The person facing these problems must carry on with a healthy and careful diet if he wishes to stay healthy until he gets old. That’s why we are giving away some tips to use to keep these critical issues to the minimum level.
- The best and far most important technique to keep Cholesterol and blood pressure balanced is to keep moving. Exercise, run or walk daily to keep the food work best and digest properly.
- Follow a DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet that will work best with high blood pressure and keep the cholesterol level balanced. The DASH diet consists of eating fruit, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, lean meats, fish, and nuts to keep working great daily. It also includes eliminating all the foods that are high in saturated fats such as saturated and full-fat dairy products and fatty meats.
- Reduce salt to the lowest level and avoid all saltish foods to keep your blood pressure and cholesterol low.
- Try to lose weight to stay active and away from health problems.
- Avoid all kinds of nicotine and alcohol-based products if you wish for a long life.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety.
To know more, Click here